วันจันทร์ที่ 4 กรกฎาคม พ.ศ. 2554

Welcome to English Learning Online (Listenning Skill)




              Hello guys!! welcome to my blog space ^^ Let me introduce myself to you guys first, you can call me “Mr. Box” I am an energetic and lively person. I love peace and I would like to know a lot of people around the world.

   To know the people around the world, we need to speak in the same language in order to communicate with them. “English” is an inter-language that most of people use in the world. That’s why we need to learn English. I’m also an English learner.

   The reason why I create this blog is because I would like to encourage myself to learn English from various sources (through modern media) that I’ve found. The knowledge I’m learning would be useful to the public if I put them up in the blog and publicize it. Is this great idea?  Apart from those, this blog would be a self-study project of my English course at University.

          Alright, before starting the English lesson, I will tell you guys briefly about my English improvement project. As we know English skill has four skills that we need to practice; listening, speaking, reading, and writing. I will practice these four skills and share the information that I learn or I found in my blog. This would be so convenient for me to practice as I always turn on my PC and serve the internet. (As I'm an English learner, any mistake on my English grammar, pls do accpt my apology)
My Self Study Plan


I would like to improve the following skills:

1. English Listening Skill for Advanced Learners
2. English Speaking Skill & Pronunciation for Advanced Learners
3. English Writing Skill & Grammar for Advanced Learners
4. English Reading Comprehension Skill & Vocabulary for           Advanced Learners


The websites I would like to use are:

   (for what skills) – for English Listening Skill



      
  (for what skills) – for English Speaking Skill & Pronunciation




    
   (for what skills) – for English Writing Skill & Grammar



    (for what skills) – for English Reading Comprehension 
   Skill  & Vocabulary



Plan for each week:


Week 1
I will practice my listening skill through English news in www.voanews.com
Week 2
I will practice my listening skill through English song.
Week 3
Favorite website
Week 4
Know how to improve English speaking skill.
Week 5
I will practice my speaking skill by learning vowel and consonant sound.
Week 6
I will practice my speaking skill by fun role play
Week 7
Know how to improve writing skill
Week 8
I will practice my writing skill by learning grammar.
Week 9
Learning part of speech to improve writing skill
Week 10
Know how to be a good reader
Week 11
Learning new vocabulary for reading skill improvement
Week 12
Reading an English article
Week 13
Listening movie Preview
Week 14
I will practice my listening skill English through kids TV program
Week 15
I will practice my listening skill English through Talk Show program
Week 16
How to pronounce difficult word (speaking skill)
Week 17
Useful expression of business language (speaking skill)
Week 18
Irregular verb (speaking skill)
Week 19
Inversion and adverbial clause for writing skill
Week 20
Diagramming sentence (writing skill)
Week 21
Reporting graph (writing skill)
Week 22
How to present a presentation
Week 23
How to make a good PowerPoint presentation
Week 24
Idioms (reading skill)
Week 25
Reading a passage (reading skill)
Week 26
Vocabulary Hunting (reading skill)


 

My goal for taking this course is:

1.        English listening skill is one of the most essential skills for advanced learners who want to get improved in English. To be progress in this skill relies on regular practice and learners should find helpful way to practice. Practicing through modern media, like internet, would very much help learners to practice by listening English native speakers talks.

2.        To be improved in English speaking skill is obviously my second goal. As we know non-English native speakers like Thai people hardly talk with foreigners in daily life, except those who usually work with English native speakers. It is luckily that nowadays we are in globalization era and it seems that everything in our life is possible and easy to access high technology. We don’t need to

3.        English Writing skill is one of important skill that I need to use on a regular basis; reading emails, letters and legal document for my work. I set a goal to be more improve in this skill by taking less time when reading a difficult passage.  

4.        Last but not least, the skill that I really want to be improved is English reading skill as it is significant to my career. I need to read incoming email from my German boss and clients. I always have to read English email message, letter and fax that related to law field. This will not be varied. We need to read the message from many sources and fields such as science, IT, politics, economy, etc. So the media that we can easily access now would be the most advantage for English advanced learner to practice and improve in their reading skill. I am the one of those people who want to enhance my English reading skill.

5.        Apart from English learning, it is of course that I will be able to
In my view, this course would extremely encourage and motivate the students to use modern media and IT sources 



         And now it is time to start by focus on listening skill first. Let’s start!!!
Listening Skill Practice (through news article)


         After searching many websites, I’ve found this one that could help me much to practice listening skill.






              There are a subtitle at the bottom of screen but I  was listening without looking at the subtitle for twice  and tried to catch what the story is about. Then I'll look at the subtitle to check if my understanding is right. This is a good practice.


          Listening skill is probably the most difficult task for almost all English learners as a foreign language. It is not only you (and me) that we are facing this difficult thing. The most important thing is to listen as often as possible. I would suggest you to find a good resource for you to practice listening. Internet really comes in handy as a tool for English students.

           Once you have begun to listen on a regular basis, you might still be frustrated by limited understanding. You might want to give up. What you should do is to accept that you are not going to understand everything. Just relax and listen more and more and try to catch the main idea of what you are listening to. Keep in mind that you don't need to concentrate on small detail. And do not translate into your native language. This will probably take time, but you will see the result one day. Keep learning!!


Good Luck ^^
 

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น